Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Yoga and Love.

I must confess. I fall in love at least once everyday. I am not sure what comes over me, but it happens and when I see someone new and feel that pitter-patter in my heart, I immediately start to envision our lives together.

 For instance, the other day I was pumping gas and I look over my shoulder towards the street where there is an attractive man waiting for the bus. I started to picture our environmentally friendly life together full of bus rides, farmer's markets and camping/hiking trips in the ADKs. I did not think that this man may be taking the bus because he is unemployed or because he may have a DUI and no license...it couldn't be true, he was perfect.

I have an even bigger struggle with musicians. You could throw a guitar on a homeless guy who just peed himself and I'd somehow find a silver lining...OK maybe that's a stretch BUT it's bad and it happens at every concert I go to! There is something about a man with musical talent that makes-me-swoon. Last night I went to the Dirty Heads concert. I was stoked because I dig the couple of songs I've heard of theirs and was excited to hear more. I didn't do research on them beforehand, so going into the show I literally had no idea what the band looked like.
When they sauntered out on stage, the 2 lead vocals had beautiful (dirty) long hair, one wearing a flat brimmed hat, the other donning a full tattoo sleeve and an over sized ski hat. These California natives had me at "YOOOO WHAT UP CLIFTON PARK?"

Their performance was killer and their back story is even better. Duddy B and Dirty J (I know, such romantic names, right?) met at a party in high school (adorable). The two began writing hip-hop songs with reggae and punk influences in their garage (swoon).  The band’s name comes from an occasion where the two were stealing a 12-pack of beer, and someone shouted at them, “Come here you little dirty heads!” It doesn't get much cuter than that, I mean really, musicians that steal beer? Call me cliche, but I fell even harder. However, if 2 non-musicians were to do that it would be a huge turn off, so yes I am bias.

Hello, lovers.
                                       
Anyway, what does this have to do with yoga you ask? Here's my logic, if I can do the 30 Day Challenge, I feel I can do anything. Meaning, I can find that emotionally committed, willing to let me travel with the band, liberal, hippie, musician...preferably with a beard and have a beautiful life with him. AND possibly he will love yoga too...and then we can have musically talented, yoga loving babies together and live happily ever after. I'm just sayin'....anything feels possibly after the past 25 days.

Class #26 tonight, I am supposed to lead Silent but that is up in the air as my neck is still feeling jacked up. I have my Tiger Balm patches (thanks Susan) and CVS brand heatwrap at my office today. My coworkers will probably be pissed at the Tiger Balm odor, but oh well, a girls gotta take care of #1.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment