Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Current Favorite Blog

As you have surmised by now, I like to have fun. I like my red wine with a side of dancing. If I could, I'd go out every night, but alas my body always wins and I keep the party nights during the week at bay.
Recently, after hearing Lady Gaga's new song "You and I," I discovered who Luc Carl was. I had no idea the song had any meaning to Gag's, but apparently it's about Luc. They were in love, it didn't work, then it did work...then, oh wait, it didn't again and now she is going to continue the chase and probably make more songs about it. Lame. BUT, I dig the song. I also dig Luc. I did some Internet exploration on him and came to find he is a marathon runner/beer drinker/music lovin' extraordinaire.

I have been following his blog, drunkdiet.com, for about a month now and it's hilarious and very realistic. He is also coming out with a book about his two passions, health and partying. In his words, The Drunk Diet is a memoir of his trials and tribulations to get into shape while partying every night. Laugh and be inspired while he takes you on his hilarious conquest to become the sexiest man on earth.

Winning. Big time. While it may seem he is only targeting a specific demographic, his efforts about his marathon running are super helpful and from those tips stem helpful nuggets of info about food, motivation and positivity.

To close I'll leave you with an excerpt from his most recent blog post, "It's A Celebration." 

I like to party so much that each and every day must be filled with celebration. Is it that we’re celebrating accomplishment, or is it that the accomplishment is yet another reason to participate in strong drink?Either way, I make sure that there is a victory in my life every day so that I’ve earned the right to celebrate. Won’t you join me?

So flippin' true! This life is GREAT we gotta CELEBRATE. (Yes, I just rhymed, clearly The Dirty Heads really inspired me to start free stylin') What am I celebrating? I am on day 27 of 30. I have class tonight, tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday and then I'm DONE.

Where am I celebrating tonight after yoga? Putnam Den. John Brown's Body, a reggae/future roots/dub group is performing. Boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment